UK Refurbs have supplied and fitted a wide range of security measures from security gates and grilles, barriers and bonded warehouse security for some of the UK's leading companies. We only use quality products which are tested to the highest standards to maximise your business' security.
Below is a selection of the security grilles and roller shutters we supply and install.
The Excalibur is an established expanding security grille, manufactured in the UK, providing security with ventilation. Ideal for use in the home, office or shop environment.
• Our discreet panels form a neat and unobtrusive ‘curtain’ when not in use.
• Smooth and quiet operation is facilitated by nylon components which separate all steel moving parts.
• Each bespoke grille is manufactured to meet size requirements and can be finished in any of our standard colours.
• Galvanised steel is used to ensure all grilles remain rust-free and only require minimum maintenance.
• The bottom tracks can be hinged up or made removable to allow easier access for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
• Planning permission is rarely required.
• A Multi-point locking system is designed with the user’s protection in mind, offering maximum security, including an anti-lift hook bolt which is housed in an alumina-ceramic core for protection against saw attack.
• The grilles are manufactured from an extruded aluminium framework with galvanised steel uprights and cross members, meaning they are both strong and attractive in appearance. Grilles can be powder coated in various colours, allowing the grilles to blend in or stand out from the environment.
• Curtains can be folded to either side (Single Stack) or both sides (Double Stack).
• Fixed Panel: Panels can be manufactured in a fixed framework, with no lock.
• Flexible Stack: The grille can be opened from either side and can be moved to the left or right as required.
• Whole Stack to Hinge Aside: The curtain can be made to hinge 90 degrees, in order to allow maximum visibility and access.
Download Excalibur Brochure
The Balmoral is a UK manufactured, high security expanding grille, which has passed stringent ‘attack’ tests by an independent testing body, and has received the LPCB Level 1 award.
• The Balmoral is similar to the Excalibur, however it incorporates a range of additional features for increased security.
• Additional features include a steel bottom track, steel top cowl, additional brackets and nylon components for added protection.
• The rivets are made from stainless steel and are pneumatically pressed for greater hold.
• A Multi-point locking system is designed with the user’s protection in mind, offering maximum security, including protection against saw attack.
• Nylon components between moving parts ensure smooth and quiet operation.
• The grille can be folded to the side to form a neat curtain when it is not in use.
• The grilles are powder coated prior to assembly to ensure maximum coverage and are available in a wide range of colours.
• The bottom track can be removable or hinge up, in order to allow for easy access. Alternatively it can be fixed.
• Curtains can be folded to either side (Single Stack), both sides (Double Stack) or fixed.
• A full cylinder lock is available, allowing key access from both the front and back of the grille, ideal for doorways.
• Sizes range from 500mm to 6000mm wide and from 650mm to 3046mm high.
Download Balmoral Brochure
Alligator Roller Shutters are manufactured in the UK and offer an ideal security solution for schools, offices, clubs and shops.
• Alligator Roller Shutters are available with a 3” steel solid, perforated or punched lath and can be manually or electrically operated.
• Punched and perforated lath allows passers by to see inside when closed, for advertising and display purposes, and allows emergency services vision before entering the premises.
• Our electric shutters incorporate a specially designed, unique locking bracket to ensure that even the smallest of electric shutters cannot be lifted.
• Multiple electric shutters, that can be operated at the same time by one switch, are an optional extra.
• Large areas can be covered with just one electric shutter.
• Sophisticated springing systems assist you in lifting manually operated shutters with minimum effort.
• Shutters can be manufactured into new shop fronts or buildings at early design stage or alternatively installed in existing buildings, utilising a box to house the roller.
• Working closely with joiners, shop-fitters or builders during the early construction stages, we can usually satisfy town planners, insurance companies and crime prevention officers.
• Interior fitted shutters act as a physical deterrent and can usually be put up without any planning permission, however permission may be required for exterior fitted shutters.
• Roller shutters are produced in galvanised steel and there is the option to have them powder coated and finished in one of our standard colours.
• The electric shutters can be opened and closed with either a small internally fitted rocker switch, an externally mounted key switch, or a hand-held remote control.
• Electric shutters can be single phase for covering small areas, or three phase for larger areas.
• Manual shutters have an option of a centre lock or pin locks.
• Punched lath can also be glazed to allow maximum visibility and security.
Download Alligator Brochure
Minigator Shutters protect all types of domestic and commercial properties and can be manufactured to fit most types of doors and windows. They are smart, neat and easy to operate with a high quality finish.
• Minigator Shutters are manufactured in either a 44mm extruded or foam filled aluminium lath, which gives the appearance of a continental style shutter.
• Foam filled lath can assist with insulation.
• When rolled down, they are weather resistant, tough and elegant, whilst being discreet and unobtrusive when in the ‘up’ position, with slimline aluminium boxes styled for minimum visual impact.
• Minigators are virtually maintenance free.
• At the outset, the core of the shutter can be built into the surrounding brickwork so that your Minigator Shutters are concealed within the fabric of the building and remain inaccessible from the outside.
• Can be built into sales cabinets, drinks bars and food canteens and allows the separation of public and private areas.
• They are available in white or brown as standard, however the extruded lath can be powder coated to one of our standard colours.
• Interior fitted shutters can usually be put up without any planning permission, however local authority approval may be required for exterior fitted shutters.
• Electric operation can be included with the use of a rocker switch, key switch or remote control. Multiple installations can be operated via a group command.
• Manual shutters are available as spring assisted push-ups with a centre lock or shoot bolts. Alternatively, they can be crank-operated with an inbuilt D.V.A locking system.
• The shutters can be fitted externally and operated from the inside or outside. Alternatively, they can be fitted internally and operated from inside only.
Download Minigator Brochure